Patent trolls are a tremendous drain on the innovation economy. This infographic from Lindsay Blakely from Inc. magazine shows the negative impact of patent trolls on startup companies. This week’s Five Burning Questions centers on how you can prepare yourself for the impact of a patent troll on your business.
- What additional revenue sources do you have to protect your business from a patent troll impacting a product line?
- What level of savings or cash cushion do you have in the event you have to settle with a patent troll?
- How can the global economy revitalize the patent system to minimize the impact of patent trolls?
- How important is a patent to your business? Can you invent different ways to deliver value to your customers?
- Why would you want to patent your product in the first place? Is it even worth it?
How do you feel we can minimize the cost of patent trolls? Share your thoughts in the comments!