How do you fit your work around your life instead of the other way around? Kevin Miller knows how and can show you the way.
It’s my pleasure to welcome Kevin Miller to Session #16 of Making Business Happen Radio. Kevin is the founder and leader of Free Agent Academy and host of the highly successful Free Agent Underground podcast. Kevin is a long-time entrepreneur who has developed an innovative curriculum with a talented team of fellow free agents. Kevin has been featured on programs such at The Rise to the Top and the Ziglar Success Podcast.
Kevin and I discuss the following items in this podcast
- How much of an influence was your dad, Dan Miller, on your desire to build a business instead of doing freelance project work?
- Your core belief is that we all have a purpose that we must put to work. Why is such a challenge for people to truly break free from their “expected” life?
- You’ve been known to intentionally “step on a few toes” with your writing and podcasts. What advice do you have for people who know they must stand out from the crowd but are uncomfortable initiating confrontation or an alternative viewpoint?
- Why did you decide on the membership model for Free Agent Academy? What appealed to you as opposed to products or other tangible items?
- Your most important counsel to FAA members is, “Seek counsel”. What did you learn from others about your business model before you implemented it?
- The secret to building a recurring membership site is community. People have to feel like they are a part of something bigger than themselves. How have you tried to foster this community?
- You recently made a difficult decision to radically change your curriculum and pricing structure. What caused you to make this change?
- What advice do you have for others in your situation who are facing a similar type of “big decision”?
- How do you communicate your vision to a larger group of people? What are the pitfalls aspiring entrepreneurs must understand that could hinder them?
- What’s one piece of advice you would give to aspiring entrepreneurs about how to create a business that is more than just trading time for money?