What does “Lifestyle Design” really mean for our businesses?
We all have a certain vision of what perfect is for our own lives. Lifestyle design brings the elements of work and life together to create an integrated picture of life. Work and life are not balanced as much as they are integrated.
Dave Wellman from The Wellman Group joins me for Session 7 of Making Business Happen Radio. Dave is a long-time entrepreneur and minister who has built a number of different businesses while continuing to serve in his faith. Dave specializes in helping entrepreneurs, especially Baby Boomers, identify their ideal lifestyle design and how to build a business around that design.
Dave and I discuss the following topics in Session 7.
- What exactly do we mean by lifestyle design?
- Discussion of others’ lifestyle design and how that works with your business planning
- Core tenant of lifestyle design – working in your strengths
- How do we do that?
- How comfortable are we delegating or partnering with others?
- We see a lot of lifestyle design questions coming up with baby boomers. Why are you seeing this happening with the population today?
- When you’re thinking about lifestyle design, what are some of the key aspects to consider?
- Monetary considerations
- Location freedom
- Time freedom
- Variety of work
- Resources that cover lifestyle design
- Discussion of the next session of Discover, Design, and Deliver beginning on September 18th, 2012