This post begins a new series on the Making Business Happen blog. Every Monday, I will post a picture or table with new information I’ve found during my research and ask five questions about the topic. I will keep my additional schedule, but I will add more screencasts and product how-to videos to my At the Whiteboard series.
The following chart is from a recent Heidrick & Struggles survey of chief marketing officers (CMO) found in Build Magazine. The survey asked which executives with whom CMOs should build better relationships. The second-highest answer, following Head of Sales, was the Chief Financial Officer.
The five burning questions for marketing and business planning to work together
- How should marketing change its focus to more measurable objectives?
- Why must financial results be an important part of any new marketing project?
- How can marketing and finance work together to create objectives which are measurable, but still allow for marketing to be creative and innovative?
- What key questions should marketing ask of finance when developing performance metrics?
- How can the Whiteboard Business Playbook create the right framework for finance and marketing to work together?
What other questions does this survey create in your mind? Share your thoughts and questions below?